Brookdale Senior Living, the largest senior living provider in the U.S., operates over 670 senior living communities across 41 states. As of 2023, these communities provide housing and care services for over 80,000 residents, making Brookdale the largest senior care provider in America.
How Many Brookdale Communities Are There?
As of 2023, Brookdale Senior Living manages 670+ senior living communities across the country. They provide housing and care services for over 80,000 residents. Their nationwide network makes them the largest senior care provider in America.
Where Are Brookdale Communities Located?
Brookdale communities are located in 41 states across the U.S. They have a presence in most major metropolitan areas. Some of the states with the highest number of Brookdale locations include Florida, California, Texas, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
Brookdale aims to make their senior living communities easily accessible to local residents looking to age in place. Their wide geographic distribution allows seniors to find care and housing near family and friends.
What Types of Services Do Brookdale Communities Offer?
Brookdale operates continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) that offer the full continuum of care for seniors. This includes:
- Independent living – For active seniors who want to downsize and enjoy resort-style amenities.
- Assisted living – Provides help with daily tasks like bathing, dressing, and medication management.
- Memory care – Secured neighborhoods for seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Skilled nursing – Around-the-clock nursing for those recovering from illness or injury.
- Continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) – A campus that includes multiple levels of care all in one location.
- Home health services – Assistance with activities of daily living at private residences.
- Hospice care – Comfort care for terminally ill patients.
- Rehabilitation and therapy services – Physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
This full spectrum of senior care services allows aging adults to access the level of assistance they need. As needs change, residents can easily transition between levels of care within the same Brookdale community.
What Makes Brookdale Communities Unique?
A few things that differentiate Brookdale from other senior living providers:
- Variety of amenities – From restaurants to fitness centers to salons, Brookdale communities feature resort-style amenities to engage residents.
- Life enrichment programs – Activities and events such as educational lectures, live entertainment, and intergenerational programs.
- Highly trained staff – Employees undergo specialized training in senior care.
- Size – Brookdale operates several large continuing care retirement communities with over 1,000 residents.
- Experience – With over 40 years as an industry leader in senior living and long-term care.
What Are the Costs Associated With Living in a Brookdale Community?
The cost of Brookdale senior living depends on the type of community, size of residence, and level of care required. Some general Brookdale pricing ranges:
- Independent living starts around $2,000 to $4,000 per month with additional fees.
- Assisted living ranges from $4,000 to $6,000 per month for a one-bedroom.
- Memory care starts at $5,000 and can exceed $8,000 per month.
- Skilled nursing daily rates range from $200 to $350 for a semi-private room.
Additional services and care are available à la carte. Financial assistance programs can help offset costs.
How to Choose the Right Brookdale Community for Your Needs
When selecting a Brookdale community, consider:
- Location – Stay close to family and friends.
- Size – Choose based on amenities offered and your preferences.
- Types of care – Select a CCRC if you may need greater care later.
- Finances – Factor in care costs and financial planning.
- Lifestyle – Ensure the community offers activities you enjoy.
- Health needs – Choose care levels that meet current and future needs.
Touring communities can help narrow options. Consulting a senior housing advisor can also help match you with the right Brookdale residence.
Testimonials From Residents at Brookdale Communities
“Moving into a Brookdale community was the best decision we could have made. My husband and I love the freedom of not having to worry about home maintenance. The staff here feel like family. We’ve made so many new friends.” – Linda and Jim at Brookdale Charleston
“I receive excellent care and feel safe living in the memory care neighborhood. The staff are so patient and caring. My family is relieved that I have support just down the hall 24/7.” – Dorothy at Brookdale Barrington
“After my wife passed, I struggled living at home alone. Moving to Brookdale has been a blessing. I love having chef-prepared meals, activities planned, and a built-in community.” – George at Brookdale Appleton
The Future of Brookdale Senior Living: Expansion and Innovation Plans
Brookdale is investing over $325 million into new expansions and remodeling projects for existing communities. They plan to expand locations in high-demand markets across the U.S.
The company is also focusing on technology initiatives like smartphone apps to connect residents with caregivers and virtual reality-based therapies for seniors. Their goal is to integrate tech with high-touch care.
Brookdale continues to lead the industry in terms of senior housing trends and innovative approaches to aging services. Their scale and experience position them well for the surging demand as 10,000 people turn 65 every day.
How Does Brookdale Compare to Other Senior Living Options?
Some key competitors and alternatives to Brookdale include:
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Atria Senior Living
- Senior Lifestyle Corporation
- LCS Family of CCRCs
- A Place for Mom referral service
- Smaller local and regional providers
- Home care services
- Aging in place at home
When comparing, look at cost, amenities, size, reviews, types of care offered, and company philosophy. On-site visits can provide valuable insights. Consider your budget, care needs, and lifestyle. With over 670 U.S. locations, Brookdale provides options to meet most seniors’ needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Brookdale communities are there in the United States?
Brookdale Senior Living, the largest senior living provider in the U.S., operates over 670 senior living communities across 41 states. As of 2023, they provide housing and care services for over 80,000 residents, making them the leading senior care provider in America.
What’s wrong with long-term care?
Staffing issues include abuse and neglect, resident unmet needs, quality problems and worker competency.
What does the White House senior advisor do?
Valerie B. Jarrett serves as a Senior Advisor under President Barack Obama. She is responsible for the Offices of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs and chaires the White House Council on Women and Girls.
What is the largest nursing home chain?
Life Care Centers of America, which brings in an average of $10 billion annually in revenue, is the biggest nursing home business in America. They have approximately 42,000 employees and are located in 28 states.
What is wrong with care com?
According to the original report, there had been approximately 9 cases in which a provider listed on the site was convicted of a crime and later committed another against someone they were taking care of. These crimes included child abuse, murder, theft and sexual assault.
What does a senior advisor do?
The company’s senior advisors monitor, analyze, and provide advice. They are responsible for all aspects of administration and analysis.
How much does around the clock nursing care cost?
Costs for skilled nursing at home are $1000-$4,000 per monthly. Prices can be tailored depending on whether the care is needed 24 hours a days, 7 days a week or 24/7.
Does California pay for assisted living?
Medi-Cal for Residents of Assisted Living Facilities. However, California has an assisted living waiver (ALW), which pays ALFs for certain counties.
What does LHC stand for?
Large Hadron Collider, also known as LHC (Large Hadron Collider), is the largest and strongest particle accelerator in the world.
Who owns Wickshire senior?
Healthpeak Properties (NYSE : PEAK), agreed to sell Atria Blankenbaker to Wickshire Senior Living. Wickshire Senior Living is a Brentwood-based operator, Nashville Business Journal reports.
What is the biggest drawback of long-term care insurance?
Long-term care insurance has the same drawbacks as any other insurance. You may have to pay premiums for many years but never use it.
What is the cheapest state to Retire in 2022?
South Dakota. South Dakota is ranked the most suitable state to retire in the United States. South Dakota’s average cost of living is 4 percent lower than the national average. This includes healthcare. South Dakota is home to one of the most diverse and high-quality arts, entertainment, recreation, and business sectors per capita.
What is the cheapest and safest state to retire in?
1. Florida. Florida is the most favored state in this ranking, due to its low cost of living and high number of retired people who are willing to mix with one another.
Is care com a ripoff?
Care. Care.com is unregulated and you may encounter scammers posting job ads in order to con people into paying for fraudulent checks or exchanging bank information. Some employers claim they have hired caregivers that are thieves.
What are the five services commonly offered at long-term care facility?
Long-term care facilities often offer five services: speech, physical and occupational therapy; wound care and care of various tubes; nutrition therapy and management of chronic conditions.